We currently have almost 1TB of archived form data in SharePoint. When we move to Evolve, what is the recommendation for how to handle this archived data? Can it be transferred to Evolve?
Its is not possible to move Archived data; only solutions and scripts can be moved.
If you need Archived data for Auditing purpose then you have to maintain 2 environments.
Also see answer to additional queries that have been raised by other customers.
- When you have a Foundation installation that has several years of completed process data and you have a requirement to maintain at least two years of historical archive, does that means we need SharePoint for at least two years? - You should have SharePoint with two years, After everything archived, Foundation can be uninstall, as Workflow history viewer can be used to see history. although history is still available in SharePoint in xml format without Winshuttle history viewer.
- Can we completely remove Winshuttle and only maintain the history viewer in SharePoint? - answer of this in above statement.
- Is the Winshuttle vision really to maintain two environments? What is the Winshuttle “vision” for their customers and their previously archived data? -
The old archived data cannot be moved to Evolve and will remain in the SharePoint system. You will not need the Winshuttle licenses for your SharePoint Foundation setup on which you want to keep the archived data. You can keep only one SharePoint production server running (can decommission your DEV/QA and additional front ends of the production system) in case you are using that SharePoint system only for Winshuttle..
- Does Evolve have functionality to store our “old” archive data that is currently in SharePoint? -No, old archived data of SharePoint cannot be move to Evolve.
- Without the Workflow history viewer, I guess the SharePoint list and items could be in any SharePoint (non-foundation) , correct? - Yes that's correct but please test in QA environment where there is SP but not Foundation.
Or else if you do not want to upload to SP environment ; Download all the PDfs and keep to the local folder
Do you know if the Workflow history viewer was/is available for 11.1.x (Fiskars) or 11.2.x (Palkeet)?- Yes it is there .