How do I assign a currently assigned license to another user?
If your account includes more than one license administrator, you may need to transfer licenses to that admin to manage: Transferring a connect license to another license admin
Method 1: Revoking the License first
Revoking the license will disassociate it from the selected user and allow it to be re-assigned. This will not delete or remove the license completely from the account. If you wish to delete the license entirely, please contact Winshuttle Support.
- Under the Licenses tab, check the box next to the license you wish to re-assign.
- Click the 'Revoke' button
- Click 'Edit' to assign the license
Method 2: Re-assigning the License directly
Alternatively, you can simply click on the username directly to delete or overwrite the entry
The assignee field becomes available for you to assign the license
Once the assignee field is editable, there are various options of how to assign the license to the new user:
- If you know the exact username of the person you intend to assign, you can enter the new username in the box. Click the Check Names icon for verification and then click Assign.
- If you are uncertain of the exact username, click the Browse icon which opens a Select User screen. Click the Search icon or press Enter key to see the list of available users. Use the Find drop-down to search by, Email, Department or Job Title. When you identify the user, click on the Username and then Ok to close the Browser screen. Click the Check Names icon for verification and then click Assign.
Note: only users who have been added to the Connect site and who do not already have the same license assigned will appear in this list.
If the License has been successfully assigned, you will see the message at the top of the screen.