There are certain scenarios when the green message pops up in the status bar when the transaction is launched directly in SAP.
For example, in transaction OVXC there is a message "There are errors in the defined assignments".
In transaction PR05 there a message "Enter a personnel number".
The script can be recorded successfully but during the run or debug it crushes right in the beginning of the script and when the transaction is launched. Or this can stop the recording
Studio, GUI scripting mode
The green message in the status bar is read by Studio. It is supposed to check if any sort of error messages are displayed or not. It is treated as an error by Studio and causes the script failure.
1. Check the technical information behind the green message directly in SAP.
For transaction code OVXC the following applies.
For transaction PR05 the following applies.
2. Close all Studio instances and proceed with the next steps.
2.1. Go to Studio installation directory (C:\Program Files\Winshuttle\Studio or C:\Program Files(x86)\Winshuttle\Studio\).
2.2. Open ShuttleRule.xml file in notepad to make changes. Please note that in case of 64 bit Studio version, the file ShuttleRule.xml is located in C:\Program Files\Winshuttle\Studio or C:\Program Files(x86)\Winshuttle\Studio AS WELL AS in C:\Program Files\Winshuttle\Studio\SapGuiScriptingServer. The additional line in step 2.3 must be added in both ShuttleRule.xml files.
2.3. For transaction OVXC => go to section "<GuiMessagesToIgnore>" and add "<GuiMessage ID="CZ" Number="093" />"
2.4. For transaction PR05 => go to section "<GuiMessagesToIgnore>" and add "<GuiMessage ID="56" Number="085" />"
2.5. "Applictn area" stands for ID and "Message number" stands for Number accordingly. The same can be checked in the application trace file. Enable the application trace and search for "Status bar message id is" and "Status bar message No is" after the script was executed.
Please note that this is only applicable for Studio 32 bit version. In case with Studio 64 bit version, SAP GUI scripting is run in a different route and information on status bar messages is not available in the application trace file.
2.6. Save the file and re run the script.
As a workaround and not to make any changes in ShuttleRule.xml file, the script can be recorded in the following way.
1. During the recording launch any tcode to which the customer has access in SAP and different from OVXC/PR05, e.g. SU3 etc.
2. Come out of the tcode and launch OVXC by inserting /nOVXC, /nPR05 in the command field.
3. Follow all the required steps in transaction OVXC or PR05. Save the changes, log out and proceed with the script mapping.
4. The green message will pop up as expected. The script will be able to go through it during its run as there is a step before that when we launch a different tcode first. Attached are the script files for the workaround as a reference.