The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.
Usually, this error occurs of the number of items in a folder/lists/libraries needs to be less or equal to the list view threshold set in SharePoint.
Generally, if any of the SharePoint lists or libraries have 3000 items and a folder with 3000 items, both the folder view and the root folder view will work for a list view threshold of 5000.
However, if the folder or root folder grows to have more than 5000 items, it will stop displaying items in the default view and throws an error/warning.
- In order to resolve the issue, please increase the list view threshold from the SharePoint Central Administration site for this specific web Application. Please find the steps below.
- Log in to Central Administration( Server where Workflow /Sharepoint is installed- Search and type Sharepoint Administrator); It will open the Sharepoint Site
- Go to Application Management -> Manage Web Applications
- Select SharePoint Central Administration Web Application
- In the ribbon above, click General Settings. That will bring down a menu, from which you should pick Resource Throttling
- Change the List View Threshold option (first item in this list) to 50000 and press OK
This issue is related to the Sharepoint list and the threshold limit has no associations with Winshuttle.
Please sign in to leave a comment.