The following error message occurs after Excel crashes and I open Excel again:
Excel cannot load adxloader.dll
Note: The above error can occur because of multiple issues. To confirm that the Solution listed below will work, complete the below steps:
- Open Excel and click File > Options > Add-Ins
- Scroll down to Disabled Application Add-ins
- If both Transaction and Adxloader add-ins are present, continue to the Solution. Otherwise, normal troubleshooting steps such as removing and re-adding the add-in or re-installing should resolve the issue.
Transaction 10.x, Query 10.x, Runner 10.x
This issue is caused when some type of configuration change leads to multiple instances of an add-in are pointing to the same filepath. In this case, Adxloader and Transaction were two instances of the same add-in which were attempting to load at the same time and causing this issue.
- First uninstall Runner for Transaction.
- Once you have uninstalled, open Excel and click File > Options > Add-ins and enable any disabled add-ins.
- The Adxloader add-in should show under Excel add-ins and the Transaction add-in should show under COM Add-ins.
- To remove the Adxloader add-in, use the Manage: dropdown to select Excel Add-ins and check/uncheck Adxloader. Excel should notify you that the Adxloader add-in cannot be found and ask if you'd like to delete the add-in from the list. Click Yes.
- Once again go to File > Options > Add-ins and go to COM Add-ins under the Manage: dropdown. Remove the Transaction add-in.
- Re-install Runner for Transaction and if the Transaction add-in does not show, add the add-in by going to File > Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins > Add > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle\Winshuttle Runner\TransactionRunner\adxloader.dll and click OK