An error occurred while launching a form as "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied." or they get error The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that instance name is correct and SQL server is configured
Perform below steps in order to debug the issue.
1) Make sure user have DB Owner access to SQL data base to perform these steps; check if user has the access by following below steps on the Server where Winshuttle Components are installed.
2) Try to ping the same SQL database from the Application Machine and check if user is able to reach ; if user is not able to reach they would need to reach out to their SQL /Network Team for the same.
Open Command Prompt- Ping- IP Address or name of SQL Server
3) Connect the Database with Name and then with IP address to see if it connects either way; if it connects with IP then ask user to reach out to their SQL Team .
4) Make sure the database details configured in the solution under data connections are correct and valid.
5) Please check the SQL Service is running on the server.SQL Server and SQL Server Browser.On some servers it might be named SQL Express.