How to change material classification
- In Basic Data view use the Scroll down list to go the Classification tab
(For some systems, you may have to enter data on the Basic Data 1 tab prior to selecting the Classification tab.)
- Select the Class type and press Enter
- Select all classes and press Enter
- Click the position button (binoculars) at the bottom of the screen to search for the characteristic that should be changed. Enter the value 1 to maximum number of hits.
- Change the value, press Enter, and then click Save.
- When you map the script, insert a loop and an IF condition:
- Use a loop to change several characteristics
- Use an 'IF First Transaction' condition, if the screen with Class Type (step 2) appears only when you launched the transaction for the first time. The screen will then be skipped on subsequent occasions.
To have unique values, change the User Settings in SAP before you start the recording. In SAP GUI, start MM02, enter a material number and press Enter. Select Basic Data 1 and press Enter. Click the Classifications tab, and choose a class type. Click the Extras menu, and click User Settings. In the window that opens, click the General Settings tab and click the language indicator option button.
For more information, please see the attached script and data files.