When trying to launch Winshuttle application, you receive the following error:
One or more Winshuttle app data files has become corrupted or otherwise unusable. These files will need to be regenerated in order for you to regain access to the software.
This can be resolved by following the steps below:
- Exit all Winshuttle applications.
- Browse to the Winshuttle app data folder at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Winshuttle\<application name>\. You should find files titled AppOptions.xml and LicenseSettings.config. If you don't see the AppData folder, then you will need to unhide it from Windows Explorer properties pane.
- Delete the AppOptions.xml and LicenseSettings.config files (this will prompt the application to regenerate the file on the next launch).
- If deleting the AppOptions.xml and LicenseSettings.config files does not work, please delete the file RecentFileList.xml available in the same folder mentioned in step 2 as this might sometimes also causes this issue.
- Launch the Winshuttle application and verify the use-case.
If the above steps don't solve the issue, please try the following:
- Uninstall the Winshuttle software via the Control Panel (as admin)
- Remove the directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Winshuttle
- Remove C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle (as admin)
- Remove C:\ProgramData\Winshuttle (as admin)
- Reinstall Winshuttle (as admin)
- Launch Winshuttle and verify it is now working.
Please sign in to leave a comment.