Is it possible to highlight a field if the value changes from the Query/Transaction Value or any field on the form?
10.X and 11.X
It is possible to highlight a field if the value changes from the Query /Transaction or any field from the form.
This can be achieved by writing a Formatting rule.
1) Select the desired field, then click on ‘Add Rule’ > ‘Create Rule’ or ‘Edit Rule’
2) On the pop-up window, update the ‘Type’ field by selecting ‘Formatting’ from the drop-down list
3) Add the ‘Condition’ and specify the field that needs to be highlighted;
In the example, there are two repeating tables. First repeating table consists of four columns ‘Rule1’, ‘Rule2’, ‘Rule3’, and ‘Rule4’. When the value on ‘Rule1’ column changes, it highlights the column ‘Highlight1’ on the second repeating table and the same applies for combinations of ‘Rule2+Highlight2’; Rule3+Highlight3’, and ‘Rule4-Highlight4’. The Condition that is written is ‘ IF Rule1 "Is not Blank" - Insert Field Value (Highlight1) ’. Click ‘OK’.
4) Now add the ‘Apply Styles to Fields’ that needs to be highlighted in the attached example ‘Highlight1’ column.
5) Specify the ‘Background Color’ that you would like to add.