An unexpected date format error 'Enter date in the format __.__.____ appears in Composer when running a WebService although the script runs successfully in Transaction or Studio using the same date format.
Date field in the script has Field Type 'Date'
Same field in Composer is set as a TextBox which is a String field.
- To keep a back-up of the script save the file to a new location as it is better to import the script in to the solution with the same name.
- Change the Field Type in the script by clicking on 'Convert to String' in the Properties for the date field in the script. This changes the Field Type to String.
- Import the amended script. By keeping the same name, Composer will recognize it as the same script and you can simply overwrite the existing script as long as you have set 'Is Overwrite Allowed?' to 'True' on the script in the solution.
- Check 'Use Existing Fields' in the Field Mapping Parameters.
There should be no field mapping changes and no extra fields added to the form.
- Deploy the solution again checking 'Republish Scripts'
By changing in this way in the back-end, you should be able to continue with the existing request. if it does not work, start a new request.
This solution can be applied as a first step for date format errors relating to scripts imported to Composer.