Since installing Winshuttle 10.7.2 32-bit on our PC's with newly upgraded Office 365 (Excel 2016), the Transaction Add-In is crashing Excel. Opening Excel again generates pop up message to open in safe mode and disable the Transaction Add-In. Re-enabling the add-in per the Knowledge Article Winshuttle Excel Add-in is not appearing does not resolve the issue.
Deleting and recreating User Profile solved issue short term, however, issue re-occurred when trying to open a file from SharePoint and excel crashed.
Windows 7 PC with Office 2016 (Excel 32-bit) and Winshuttle 10.7.2 32-bit (in this case Runner)
There was an issue in the Registry.
- Open Registry Editor by Searching for "RegEdit" in the Start Menu, if it does not come up it can also be opened via Command Prompt:
- Clear the below registry locations Registry Key path:
- Enabled add-in manually again in Excel following these steps:
- Launch Excel as Administrator using the Right Click Run as Admin Option
- Go To File -> Options -> Add-Ins, then select COM Add-Ins from the Manage drop down and click Go.
- Transaction should no longer appear in the list, you will want to click "Add", then navigate to the install location.
32-Bit Transaction: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle\TRANSACTION
32-Bit Runner: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle\Winshuttle Runner\TRANSACTIONRunner
- Select the DLL: adxloader.dll
- Click OK
- Transaction should now be in the list, checked, and have Load at Startup as the behavior.
Most users are likely to require IT Admin Support to assist with Deleting Reg Edit File and Launching Excel as an Administrator
Please Note: Excel 2016 is supported from Transaction 10.7.2 only so if you have a lower version you should upgrade