After installation of Journal Entry, I see the add-in in the COM Add-Ins list; however, when I select it and click OK it does not do anything.
-Bit version of Winshuttle and Excel match, I installed by running as an administrator, I have a valid license for Journal Entry, I have opened Excel once as an administrator.
Above COM add-in image shows that both Winshuttle client version 10.x and 11 are installed on the machine.
1- From the COM add-in screen, you will need to uncheck EITHER the 10.x add-ins or v11 add-ins. You will only be able to enable 1 set of add-ins at a time in order to get Journal Entry add-in to work properly.
2- Ask your IT Team to try the following:
- Close all open instances of Excel
- Find the Excel icon normally used to open Excel and hold Shift + Right Click, then select "Run as Administrator"
- When Excel opens in Administrator mode, click File > Options > Add-ins > Select COM Add-ins within the Manage: dropdown > Go...
- Click JournalEntry, then click Remove
- Click Add, then navigate to the following folders depending upon your bit-version of Transaction:
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle\*Product Name*\
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Winshuttle\*Product Name*\
- Select the adxloader.dll (32-bit) or adxloader64.dll (64-bit) file and click OK
If it does not resolve the issue, then they need to un-install re-install Journal Entry making sure the exe file is run as administrator (with a right click on the exe file then select run as administrator)