When opening a Data Template in Studio and clicking on the Run tab you see only a Test button and no Run button.
Studio 11, User Governance 11
There are several prerequisites for running a script.
- Ensure the script is in a Production state in the Transaction or Query library on the Foundation site.(To do so make sure the Script is submitted to the Foundation by clicking on Submit to Foundation under Foundation tab in Studio)
- Ensure the Runnable property is set to Yes. This is part of the normal approval workflow. If you attempt to change this manually, the approval will restart.
- Check who is in the Runner property on the script. This is the runner who can run the script and applies when there is a Data File approval selected.
- Ensure when opening the script, you open the approved script from Foundation. Opening a script from a local or shared network location will not allow a run.
- After opening the script ( from the Foundation site or from the software Library), be sure to save the Data Template locally. This converts the data template to a data file. Data templates cannot be used for runs.
- Ensure you are a member of a group applied to a policy in Foundation that allows running against the SAP server type you are trying to run against.
- Ensure you have a license assigned.
Note 1 - If you are seeing this for a Query script and all the above recommendations are met, upgrade to atleast 11.2.12 and retest. In some lower versions of 11.2 Query templates show test once saved locally.
Note 2- If all the above recommendations are met, rename the Winshuttle folder saved in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming, then launch Studio, then open the script from its library and go to the Run tab
Note 3- If above doesnt resolve issue regenerating a data templates from the script resolves issue.