When saving a file xls as csv file with semi colon ";" as separator, at the end, instead, we have comma ","
There are trouble trouble with opening CSV Files With Excel as the Comma and Semicolon
Issue in Excel Due to Regional Settings: setting in regional setting for "List Separator" is set by default to the semicolon but sometimes it gives issue and load all the data in first column.
Check the regional setup is ";" Lists separator,
Check the regional language
After saving any csv file they can check what separator is saved in the file by opening it with notepad.
If the separator is still as ; then with Notepad add below to the top line
now this means that ; is considered as separator to view the text in this file when opening with excel. This line is not shown when it is opened in excel. Its basically an instruction given to recognize the separator.
|One more workaround for this can be done following any of the step below
1. When closing the file if it ask for saving the file then again save it by replacing the exiting one and it will not change the seprator setting.
2. Or do save as from the pop up msg that appears on excel screen after saving the file in csv format.
Doing save again from these two methods lets the csv to be same. And opening n number of time wont let it to degrade.
Note: This needs to be done only for the first time the file has been created until no new changes are required to save. when additional changes are saved then use Ctrl+S to save.
If you require a permanent resolution in your current Studio version, contact Winshuttle Support with:
- your Studio version, bit version + build number
- your Excel version + bit version
- your Windows version + bit version
Please sign in to leave a comment.