After installing Winshuttle software, I try to activate my license and run into the below error:
Winshuttle software activation
An installer file has become corrupt. On eof the below troubleshooting steps has been documented to resolve this error:
- Exit all Winshuttle applications.
- Browse to the Winshuttle app data folder at C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Winshuttle\\.
- You should find a file titled AppOptions.xml
- Rename the AppOptions.xml file to AppOptions_old.xml (this will prompt the application to regenerate the file on the next launch).
Note: Another file in this folder titled RecentFileList.xml might also cause this issue. If renaming the AppOptions.xml file does not work, please rename this file as well.
- Restart the software and confirm that the error no longer persists.
- If the above steps does not help resolve the issue , browse to the Winshuttle app data folder at C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Winshuttle and rename the winshuttle folder to Winshuttle_old and restart the application