When opening Studio or the Excel Add-In you wait for several minutes on the log in screen and eventually receive the error:
"The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:02:59.9079635. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value of the Binding. The time allotted to this..."
Studio 11 and Excel Add-In 11
In some rare cases, especially over a VPN, the header sent to IIS may have validation errors and IIS will automatically reject these.
For these steps you will need local administrator rights to your workstation:
- Close Studio.
- On each affected workstation, navigate to the install directory for Studio. By default this is c:\program files (x86)\winshuttle\studio when you have 32 bit Office installed and c:\program files\winshuttle\studio for 64 bit Office installations.
- Open the Winshuttle.studio.exe.config file.
- Add the below anywhere between the <configuration> and </configuration> nodes.
<system.net> <settings> <httpWebRequest useUnsafeHeaderParsing="true" /> <servicePointManager expect100Continue="false" /> </settings> </system.net>
Save the file and start Studio.
For Excel Add-In
- Close any Excel instances.
- On each affected workstation, navigate to the install directory for Microsoft Excel. This location varies by Excel version.
- In most versions of Windows, you can right-click the Excel shortcut and choose "Open File Location" and this will take you to the correct location. If it takes you to the another folder of shortcuts and not the install directory, right-click the shortcut in this location and choose "Open File Location" again.
- Rename the existing Excel.exe.manifest to Excel.exe.manifest.old
- Create a new text file. You will need to be able to see file extensions.
- Rename this file Excel.exe.config (ensure there is no .txt at the end).
- Open the Excel.exe.config.
- Copy and paste the below into the file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <system.net> <settings> <httpWebRequest useUnsafeHeaderParsing="true" /> <servicePointManager expect100Continue="false" /> </settings> </system.net>
Save the file and start Excel.