When attempting to enable the Transaction add-in, Excel crashes and upon attempting to start up Excel again, the following pop-up window appears:
This issue is normally caused when Excel is updated or somehow multiple versions of Transaction or Runner for Transaction are installed. When this happens, the Excel/Transaction add-ins conflict and cause Excel to crash.
Users will want to select "No" on this pop-up. If the add-in remains disables please proceed to the following steps.
The typical resolution of this issue would be to remove and re-add the Transaction add-in. This requires local Administrator rights to the computer, so it may be necessary to contact your IT team. The following are the steps to complete once local Admin rights are provided:
- Close all open instances of Excel
- Find the Excel icon normally used to open Excel and hold Shift + Right Click, then select "Run as Administrator"
- When Excel opens in Administrator mode, click File > Options > Add-ins > Select COM Add-ins within the Manage: dropdown > Go...
- Click TRANSACTION, then click Remove
- Click Add, then navigate to the following folders depending upon your bit-version of Transaction:
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winshuttle\*Product Name*\
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files\Winshuttle\*Product Name*\
- Select the adxloader.dll (32-bit) or adxloader64.dll (64-bit) file and click OK
The Add-in should re-appear within Excel after completing the above solution. If you have any issues, please reference our General Add-in Issue article or contact Support.