A new key has been introduced named “RunValidationsOnDisabledFields” which will decide whether rules on disabled fields will run or not.
Evolve 20.3.1 and higher.
Till 12.1 we used to validate the disabled fields. In Evolve disable fields are not getting validated. Now, this key will decide the behavior.
• Go to Administration App and open settings. Then, select workflow.
• Select options and the grid will be rendered with workflow keys.
• Click on add and search for “RunValidationsOnDisabledFields”. Value for this key can be set to true or false.
• If value for this key is true, then all the disabled fields will be validated and if value is false then validations for disabled fields will be skipped.
• By default, the value for this key will be true.
Note: If customer have promoted any form fields which are disabled on the form and value for the key is set to false then it will allow users to put wrong data in the fields because of no validations which can cause issue in solution fields.
Default value for this key will be true and if the value if false then behavior will remain same as that of 20.3.
If value of the key is false then it should not validate the fields, but validations are still getting fired for disabled number, date, checkbox, repeating (number, text, date) fields in 20.3 and 20.3.1. Only textbox field will not be validated.
Validations are not working if group in which fields are present is collapsed. (Deviation from 12.1)
Please sign in to leave a comment.