User has query about decimal places in queries. They are building a query for exchange rates table TCURR. The field TCURR.UKURS has 5 decimal points in SAP. When they run the query using Excel as the target, query defaults to 2 decimal places. If they run the query into an SQL database, they get 3 decimal points. But they need all 5. How can this be adjusted? I could not find a setting for this. Also, why is the number of decimal points different for Excel and for SQL?
Underlying source of the issue (typically for problems or bugs)
For excel we can below procedure to resolve this issue:
1. Go to Control panel.
2. Click Change date, time, or number formats.
3. Under the Formats Tab click "Additional Settings".
4. Now change the value in "No. of digits after Decimal" to 5 in Numbers and currency tab.
5. Apply and save the changes.
6. Restart Studio and Excel instances.
7. Perform the Query run again.
In SQL this is our designed behavior and while mapping we create table column with 3 decimal Places Only.